We Need Your Support!
Given the alarming increase in anti-Muslim violence and discrimination, CAIR–NY is facing unprecedented requests for assistance. Although we are part of a nationwide network, each individual chapter must raise its own funds. Your support is vital in ensuring that we can continue to give the Muslim community a voice and won't need to turn away those in need.
Want to make a real difference in the fight for civil rights? CAIR-NY is Hiring!
CAIR-NY is looking for a highly motivated candidate to join our team as the new Operations Coordinator. The Operations Coordinator is a paid, part-time position, primarily addressing CAIR-NY’s bookkeeping needs. Successful candidates will receive additional responsibilities in the areas of office administration, communications, marketing, and office support.
Know Your Rights If Approached by Law Enforcement
- You always have the RIGHT to an attorney, and you should have a lawyer present when speaking with federal law enforcement agencies.
- You have the RIGHT to refuse law enforcement to enter your home or office if they do not have a warrant.
- You should NEVER lie or provide false information to any law enforcement agencies. You always have the RIGHT to remain silent.
- If you are EVER contacted by the FBI, please call CAIR–NY immediately: 646-665-7599.
- For more information, please review our resource library or contact us for help.
This information is not intended as legal advice.
Build Invaluable Career Skills In a CAIR–NY Internship!
CAIR–NY offers a wide range of internship and volunteer opportunities targeted at developing new professional skills while nurturing existing personal strengths. The Fall 2016 session is here and we are looking for talented applicants to join our team!
Civil Rights, Legal Services, Communications, Outreach, and Development Interns are an integral part of our work fighting bigotry and promoting tolerance. We are proud that our internship program not only allows participants to engage in social change but also provides a unique and rigorous career development experience.
Stay Up-To-Date With CAIR–NY
Issues and Campaigns
Learn more about the issues that CAIR–NY works on ever day to protect and promote the civil rights of Muslim New Yorkers. We tackle a wide array of issues, ranging from law enforcement abuse, to bullying, to religious accommodations.