CAIR- NY Outreach Coordinator
Title: CAIR- NY Outreach Coordinator
Job type: Full Time
Experience level: Two years
Education Minimum: Bachelors (JD/MA preferred)
Reporting to: Executive Director and Legal Director
Travel Required: Occasionally, in-state
Location: Queens, New York (applicant required to be authorized to work in the US) Starting Date: February 2017
Compensation: Aligned with NGO sector and experience
CAIR-NY, the New York chapter of the nation's largest Muslim civil rights organization, protects the civil liberties of American Muslims by building coalitions that advocate for justice and mutual understanding. The New York chapter is one of the busiest and most dynamic of CAIR’s thirty-five nationwide affiliates, defending, representing, and educating approximately one million Muslims in New York State.
The outreach coordinator (OC) facilitates community outreach, issue advocacy, and coalition building as part of CAIR-NY’s growing team. The OC will primarily implement CAIR-NY’s hate crime reporting initiative, organizing outreach events at Muslim community centers and masajid, overseeing a diverse array of volunteer working groups, and building interfaith coalitions. The OC will play a major role in shaping CAIR-NY’s social media presence and volunteer engagement strategies. The OC will independently manage complex projects, supervising numerous volunteers and interns. The OC is a full-time staff position with occasional work during the weekend and evening, based at CAIR-NY’s Queens office.
- Substantial experience in grass roots mobilization;
- Knowledge of New York State politics and community groups;
- Strong proficiency in digital outreach and social media engagement;
- Ability to plan and execute complex projects;
- Strong problem solving, time-management, and organizational skills;
- Impeccable writing skills, with experience of strategic messaging and issue-framing;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Minimum of 2 years experience;
- JD/MA preferred;
- Driver's license preferred
To apply, please email a copy of your cover letter, CV, transcript, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject: "Outreach Coordinator."