The operations coordinator performs administrative, communications, marketing, and office support activities in a dynamic team environment. The operations coordinator will be primarily tasked with heading CAIR-NY’s bookkeeping, including logging transactions, populating financial statements, generating donation reports, drafting donor correspondence, and liaising with CAIR-NY’s accountant. The operations coordinator will often interact with clients on behalf of CAIR-NY, taking case reports, assisting with social media management, and receiving visitors. Other duties may include fielding telephone calls, event management, database management, and filing.
Qualifications and Skills
- Substantial experience in financial management, including bookkeeping, payroll, bank reconciliations, and financial reporting.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving, time-management, and organizational skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office and QuickBooks Online.
- Experience with major social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Experience with website management and mailing list management.
- Business Administration and/or Accounting Degree preferred.
- Hours flexible, part time (20 hours), Monday thru Friday.
- Answer telephones, reply to physical mail and general emails.
- File docs in sharepoint folders.
- Draft letters and create templates for routine communications.
- Execute mass mailings.
- Manage spreadsheets.
- Assist with client intakes.
- General office management (supplies, equip functioning).
- Receive, sort, distribute incoming communications.
- Assist with volunteer, intern, and staff recruitment.
- Scheduling appointments as needed.
- Process required labor compliance (ex: labor posters, disability/workers comp).
- Work with accountant to file taxes.
- Make sure all insurance policies are updated/renewed.
- Submit yearly payroll reports and staff census to insurance companies.
- Create biweekly financial reports.
- Payroll processing, accounts payable and receivables.
- Add new staff to payroll.
- Donor management: process payments, generate lists for top donors, track recurring payments.
- Generate year-end receipts.
To apply for the position please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line "Operations Coordinator".