Muslim Polling Place Initiative
Poll Site Requirements
- Potential poll sites space measurements must be at least 800 sq. ft. and should allow for elections to be conducted uninterrupted on each Election Day.
- Adequate heat, cool ventilation. light, and access to one or more electrical outlets.
- A building entrance that meets the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, i.e., 32” wide and level, or can be made temporarily ADA-compliant, such as with a ramp or other ADA equipment.
- If the poll room is not on street level, there needs to be an elevator or wheelchair lift for disabled voters to get to the poll room.
- Any pathway, leading to the accessible entrance and from the accessible entrance to the poll room must be 36” wide.
- The poll site must be open on each Election Day from 5 a.m. until after 9 p.m. to allow poll workers to complete the required process and close the polls.