ACTION ALERT: Tell Your Representatives to Take Samir Off DHS 'No-Fly List'
How are you spending your Eid holiday? With family and friends? Comfortable at home, we hope. Everyone should have the right to spend this blessed time of year at home with family; unless your name is Samir, you are Muslim, and you flew overseas for a vacation.
Samir, a 26 year-old Queens native and US Citizen, has been stranded in Europe for 20 days and counting by the Department of Homeland Security without any explanation. As an American citizen, this is a grave violation of his civil rights, and a flagrant disregard for the US Constitution by our federal agencies. What Samir thought would be a pleasant vacation to Montenegro to visit family, turned out to be a nightmare for him and his mother who is waiting for his return in New York.
CAIR-NY has demanded the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Customs and Border Proetection (CBP) address this injustice urgently, but Samir's elected officials have remained silent.
JOIN CAIR-NY AND URGE SAMIR'S ELECTED OFFICIALS TO DEFEND THE RIGHTS OF THIER CONSTITUENT AND DEMAND THE FEDERAL AGENCIES RESPONSIBLE FOR SAMIR'S EXILE TO ACT NOW!
- U.S. Rep. Gary Ackerman - District Office: (718) 423-2154 - https://ackerman-forms.house.gov/contact-gary
- U.S. Senator Charles Schumer – 202-224-6542 - www.schumer.senate.gov/Contact/contact_chuck.cfm
- U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand – 202-224-4451 - www.gillibrand.senate.gov/contact/
- State Senator Tony Avella - 718-357-3094 - 518-455-2210 - email@example.com - http://www.nysenate.gov/senator/tony-avella/contact
- State Assemblyman Edward Braunstein - 718-357-3588 - 518-455-5425 - firstname.lastname@example.org - http://assembly.state.ny.us/mem/Edward-C-Braunstein/contact/
- City Councilmember Daniel Halloran - 718-631-6703 - 212-788-7250 - email@example.com.
Then, share this with your networks and make sure that 5 friends do the same! Help us protect Americans from oppressive policies, and bring Samir home to his family.
Earlier this year, CAIR called on the Department of Justice (DOJ) to investigate acts of "coercion and intimidation" allegedly used by the FBI to pressure Muslim citizens into giving up their constitutional rights if they wished to return to the United States from overseas.
CAIR Seeks Probe of Whether FBI Sought Torture of U.S. Muslim
CAIR Asks DOJ to Probe Oregon FBI's 'Coercion' of Muslim Citizens
Last year, CAIR filed a lawsuit against the DOJ and the FBI seeking a court order to allow a Virginia Muslim teenager who had been detained in Kuwait and placed on a U.S. government no-fly list to return to the United States.
CAIR: Va. Muslim on No-Fly List Returning to U.S.