CAIR-NY's Albert Fox Cahn will speak on a panel titled: The Uncertainty with Immigration: Where Do We Go From Here?.
The goal of the forum is to bring together leading activists and practitioners to discuss the implications of impending changes to U.S. immigration policy following recent elections and provide strategies for organizing around this issue on both a local and national level.
The event is co-sponsored by SIPA Students of Color (SSOC) and the SIPA Diversity Task Force and is part of the Dean’s Seminar Series on Race and Policy.
• Hon. Michael Nutter, Former Mayor of Philadelphia and David N. Dinkins Professor of Professional Practice in Urban and Public Affairs, School of International and Public Affairs, Columbia University
• Elora Mukherjee, Esq., Director, Columbia University Law School Immigrants' Rights Clinic
• Albert Fox Cahn, Esq., Director of Strategic Litigation, New York Chapter of the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR)
• Steven Choi, Esq., Executive Director, New York Immigration Coalition
• Aracelis Lucero, Executive Director, Mexican American Students' Alliance (MASA)
• Domenic Powell, Advocacy and Policy Strategist, American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
Reception to follow.
Please contact Laura McCreedy at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Note: a confirmed RSVP does not guarantee admission as seating is first come first served. Please plan to arrive early.